med school mumblings...

Friday, February 08, 2008

Of A Close Shave

while driving these two days of the lunar new year, i saw several car vehicle accidents, one so bad that one of the cars involved had its trunk smashed in and the brake lights all hanging out. and of course i thought to myself, man i am so -not- going to get into an accident at this time of the year.

guess what? i nearly did.

i was heading down buona vista road today and was approaching the junction just next to the moe building. the lights were green for those going straight and those turning right towards ghim moh, so i just kept my course.

all of a sudden, this car coming from the opposite direction turned and ended up right ahead of me. for a split second, the driver did not even notice me and kept going, keeping us in a collision course. then in the nick of time the car stopped, and all i had to do to avoid an accident was to swerve to the left.

i wonder, had not the car been of such a garish colour for me to notice it (the car was electric blue) and had there been cars to my left, if a horrific accident would have happened. the car was right ahead of me and at the speed that i was traveling (which isn't fast since my car can't go beyond eighty without complaining) i could not have stopped in time. we might have just bumped bumpers, but at worst, bonnets would have been crushed and injuries sustained.

i have no idea what that silly woman in the other car was thinking. maybe she was arguing with her passenger, maybe she didn't see me because of the concrete divider or the sun was in her eyes, maybe she was new driver with poor judgment. whatever the case was, i am grateful that everyone's in one piece. my parents didn't realise what was going on until i swerved. haha. thank God!

paeds elective starts next week, and i sure am looking forward to it! heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home