med school mumblings...

Saturday, January 27, 2007

we treat, God heals.

this whole medical thing is becoming real, too real. as we whine our way up the medicine ladder, complain about how the Higher Ups could think that we were fine with bringing forward our exams, we tend to forget what we were in this profession for.

amidst the "chaos" of chp and the exam fracas, two events, happening a week apart, have forced me to relook my intended path. right now i'm in the middle of my medical education, having progressed enough to begin to understand the challenges of the job but sufficiently far away from graduation to sit easy, but the questions come up again : why am i here? what do i want out of being a doctor?

on the surface, my answers would probably be the same as those i gave at the interview three years ago, but now, they hold a deeper meaning for me. as i learn more, i carry a greater responsibility to the people around me. when will i be ready to carry that full responsibility? and will i ever?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home