med school mumblings...

Friday, August 03, 2007

Of Gases and Blood

i wished i had more time in anaesthesia. contrary to what i've been told, anaes at the western hospital has been a heck of a time thanks to my tutor, and ranks as one of my favourite three postings so far. as one of my seniors said, it's a very girl thing. does anyone know why?

two hours before the anaesthesia test, my tutor was called to the ctvs ot because there was an emergency. what greeted me was something i had never seen before, not even in emergency medicine. i don't suppose i'm at liberty to say more, but let's just say that it isn't everyday that you see a bp of 39/4, and you hear one anaesthetist tell another, "i'll probably need to replace all his blood."

i hope the patient survived.

**

time to sleep. chek jawa beckons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home